Sunday, October 9, 2011

Stampede Monster Truck

1:10 Traxxas Stampede Electric RC Monster Truck 1:10 Traxxas Stampede Electric RC Monster Truck

Photo © M. James The Stampede is one of many off-road trucks made by Traxxas. I bought this awesome monster of the dirt-track at my local hobby shop for under $200.00 dollars (US). I've had my Traxxas Nitro Rustler for some time now and I enjoy racing it on a daily basis. I've also had hobby-grade electric RCs. The Stampede is an electric RC monster truck that lives up to the Traxxas reputation for quality. I have been a true believer in Traxxas products for a long time due to their rugged durability and selection of replacement parts for their top notch line of RCs.Before you can get this bad boy out on the track you have to do some minor assembly. Slip the receiver's antenna wire through the antenna tube, install a freshly-charged battery, and add decals if you so desire.Only Minor Assembly Required Only Minor Assembly Required

Photo © M. JamesMy son is very impatient. When he wants to run his RC, he's wants to run it "right now." If you or your little racer are impatient as well then I recommend getting a quick charger for the batteries. You will get a variable runtime of 10-15 minutes depending on how hard you race or how big the track is — which isn't bad at all.When it's play time at the track I can give the Stampede to my 7 year old son and tell him "race like there's no tomorrow" knowing that this tough truck is going to take what my son can dish out. He's hard on racing RCs and has flipped, rolled, and did some unintentional wild acrobatics. The Stampede just kept on going — now that's true durability.

The turning ability of this off-road monster truck is amazing. The main advantage of electric RCs over nitro engines is that they go in reverse -- making it easy to correct that "Oh man I turned that corner too sharp!" mistake. Don't get me wrong, there are nitro RCs out there that have reverse but you have to come to a complete stop to engage the reverse in the transmission. That can cost you some valuable time during an intense race.

Stampede Monster Truck Digs Monster Dirt Stampede Monster Truck Digs Monster Dirt

No comments:

Post a Comment